Basically, DisplayPort is a computer connection format which delivers high-performance monitor features. This format is used to connect a gaming monitor with the computer. But Dell laptop users usually encounter Dell monitor DisplayPort not working issue while trying to connect the Displayport with their Dell device.
Mainly this problem occurs due to the improper connection. On the other hand, an outdated graphics driver might also be responsible for this annoying situation. In addition, if the cable is connected to the wrong DisplayPort input, then this problem arises.
However, if you are also facing the same situation, then go through this article. Here, you will get quick, easy and effective solutions in order to resolve the issue permanently.
Easy Hacks to Overcome Dell Monitor DisplayPort not Working Issue:
When this error occurs, the monitor stops displaying on Displayport. You will also notice that everything is not running perfectly. Also, you might confront that even after switching to the HDMI, the DisplayPort is not working properly.
Therefore, to get rid of this situation, we are going to discuss some effective solutions. Simply read them and apply the steps mentioned in the section below carefully.
Fix 1: Check the DisplayPort Connection
The main reasons behind the Dell monitor DisplayPort to HDMI not working issue is the improper connection between the laptop and the cable. Therefore, make sure that the connector has been plugged into the port properly.
Also, you need to check the plug cannot be pulled out easily. Also, you need to unplug the Display port and replug it in order to verify the connection easily. If you do not find any problem with the improper display port connection, simply move to the next section.
Fix 2: Restart and Reconnect the Devices
The next method that you should try is to restart the device and plug in the DisplayPort in its position. Sometimes, restarting and reconnecting the device might solve this problem. Therefore, you should give a try in order to fix the issue. To do that, go through the following section and apply the procedures accordingly.
- At first, completely turn off the computer and unplug all the Power cable attached with the device. Unplug the Displayport connection as well.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then connect the cable back on the device and the power cable as well. Then, restart the device.
After applying the above steps, check whether the problem still persists or not.
Fix 3: Update the Graphics Driver
If the above-mentioned solutions do not help you to resolve the issue, then chances are there that it might occur due to the outdated graphics driver. Some users have reported that if you are using an outdated graphics driver, then you may confront this issue.
Therefore, to get rid of this situation, you need to update the graphics driver. There are multiple ways to update the graphics driver. Here we have mentioned the best and unique process to get the fresh version of graphics. Hence, to update the driver, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
Update the Graphics driver through the Device Manager Option
The best way to update the graphics driver is through the Device Manager option. To do so, go through the following instructions.
- At first, press the Windows key and R together to launch the Run dialog box. Then type, devmgmt.msc in the Run box and hit the Enter button.
- When the command executes, it directly leads you to the Device Manager section. Now, find out the Display Adapter section and right-click on it.
- From the window that appears on the system screen, select the graphics card drivers. Then right-click on it again and choose to update the driver option.
- A list of the menu will appear on the system screen. Choose the Search Automatically for updated driver software option from the list. Then it will search online for the updated version of the graphics card.
- Once the graphics are installed, download the updated version and install it on your device. Then you will be asked to reboot the computer. After getting the updated version of the graphics card, reconnect the DisplayPort and now it will work fine.
Fix 4: Test with Another Cable or Device
Sometimes, hardware problems are also responsible for this frustrating situation. Therefore, you need to change the Displayport connection with another Displayport cable or another computer or monitor as well. Hope, it will surely help you to get rid of this situation. Otherwise, you should opt for a professional guide.
All these above-mentioned are useful methods in order to solve Dell monitor DisplayPort not working issue. So, before getting worried about the error, try out all the discussed steps properly.
Hopefully, after trying these steps, you can easily get rid of this situation. Furthermore, if you face any difficulties while performing the steps, do post them on the comment section below.