Dell touchpad scroll not working is one of the most common problems which is often encountered by Dell users. This problem generally arises after updating the latest version of the Windows Operating System.
There are several reasons for the occurrence of this issue. This problem generally occurs if the touchpad driver is corrupted. An outdated version of the touchpad driver or disable the two-finger scrolling feature can also cause this issue on the Dell system.
Few users have found that their Dell laptop two finger scroll not working properly and can hamper their task. If you are one of them who is encountering this issue, then you are in the right place. Here, you will see all the troubleshooting solutions to fix this particular problem.
Effective Solutions to Resolve Dell Touchpad Scroll Not Working Problem
Now we are going to share some of the easy and most effective solutions that can help you to get rid of the problem of Dell touchpad scroll not working Windows 10. Try to follow the methods which are mentioned below:
Solution 1 – Update the Touchpad Driver
If you have not been updated the touchpad driver from time to time, then you may get this problem on the system. By updating the touchpad driver, you can fix this problem easily on your Dell laptop. You can update the driver in two ways. Below we have discussed the two ways:
How can you Update the Touchpad Driver?
- You should go to the official website of the Dell and search for the latest version of the Touchpad Driver.
- After finding this, download it and then install the driver.
- Press the Win + X key together to open the WinX Menu list.
- Select the Device Manager application from that Menu list.
- When the Device Manager window opens, go to the Touchpad section, right-click on the driver. Then select the Update Software Driver option.
- Once the task is finished, reboot the system and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 2 – Turn On the Touchpad Feature
If the Dell touchpad scroll not working properly, then it might be disabled. So, you need to turn on this feature from the system. If you do not know how can you enable the Touchpad feature on the system, then follow the steps cited below:
- From the keyboard, press the Windows button + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Control Panel in the Run window and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Control Panel window, find the Hardware and Sound section, select it.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, go to the Devices and Printers tab and then click on the Mouse.
- From the Mouse Properties window, move the cursor to the Device Settings. After that, select the Touchpad and then click on the Enable option to turn it on.
Solution 3 – Enable the Two-Finger Scrolling
Sometimes, the Dell touchpad two finger scroll not working issue appears if the two-finger scrolling feature is turned off. So, you should turn it on.
If you want to know how can you enable the two-finger scrolling feature on the Dell system, follow the steps cited below:
- At first, hold down the Windows key and press the X key to open the WinX Menu list.
- Select the Control Panel application.
- In the Control Panel window, select the Devices and Printers under the Hardware and Sound section.
- From the Devices and Printers window, select the Mouse button to open the Properties section.
- Take the mouse to the Device Settings tab and then select the MultiFinger Gestures to expend it. After that, tick the Two-Finger Scrolling box and then select the Apply button to turn it on.
Now check whether the two-finger scrolling feature works properly without any hassle.
Solution 4 – Uninstall the Touchpad Driver and Install It
Due to corrupted touchpad driver sometimes this problem might occur in your Dell laptop. Therefore, removing the driver and again installing it on your Dell laptop can be a useful fix. To do so, follow the directions instructed below:
- At first, right-click on the Windows Home icon to launch the WinX menu list and then choose the Device Manager application.
- When the Device Manager window opens, locate the Touchpad driver on the left side menu list. Right-click on the driver and then select the Uninstall Device button to remove the driver.
- Once it is uninstalled, you need to install the driver properly. So, again go to the Device Manager application.
- After that, move the cursor to the Action menu, select it. Then you can see an icon Scan for Hardware changes, click on it to install the driver again.
- After completing these steps, restart your Dell laptop and then check if the Touchpad problem is fixed or not.
Solution 5 – Change the Mouse Pointer
By changing the mouse pointer, you can easily solve the Dell laptop touchpad scroll not working a problem on the Dell laptop. To change the mouse pointer, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Control application.
- In that application, double-click on the Hardware and Sound section. After that, click on the Devices and Printers tab and then select the Mouse option.
- From the Mouse Properties window, take the mouse to the Pointer tab. Then choose the Pointer that you want from the Scheme drop-down menu list.
- Select the Apply option and then hit the OK option to save it.
Solution 6 – Roll Back the Touchpad Driver to an Earlier Version
If the previous solutions did not work properly, then you need to use this solution to fix this problem on the system. To perform this solution, follow the directions:
- Press the Win + S key to open the Search Box.
- Type Device Manager and then hit the Enter button.
- Find the Touchpad driver from the Device Manager window and then right-click on it. Select the Properties button from that window.
- In the Properties window, take the mouse to the Driver tab and then select the Roll Back Driver button. After doing this, check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 7 – Use the Hardware Troubleshooter Tool
Hardware troubleshooter tool is one of the important tools for Windows. With the help of this tool, you can get rid of this problem on the Dell system.
How do you perform the Hardware Troubleshooter?
- Press the Win + I key together to open the Settings application.
- From the Settings window, select the Update and Security tab.
- After that, click on the Troubleshoot tab on the left side panel list.
- In the Troubleshoot tab, find the Hardware and Devices section, select it. After that, click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Now, you need to wait for a few seconds to complete this process. Once it completes, reboot the system.
Well, these are the solutions that we have provided in the above section in order to get rid of the Dell touchpad scroll not working problem. Read these solutions one-by-one and perform it accordingly on your Dell laptop to eliminate this problem. However, if you ever face this issue, then it is better to seek help from a professional.