When you turn on your Dell laptop and suddenly see that the Desktop screen flush error appears, then it can be quite annoying for you. Even, you can see the Dell laptop screen is flickering and shows horizontal lines on the display as well. As a result, you can’t work with this Dell device until the problem is resolved. However, we are going to focus the significant errors behind the Dell Laptop screen flickering issue and are talking about some of the simple ways to handle it.
Resolve the Dell Laptop Screen Flickering on Windows 10:
Some of the effective ways to fix the Dell laptop flickering issue are mentioned in this part of this article. Applying the methods accurately will help you to overcome the screen flashing problem easily.
Connection cables used between the screen and motherboard may be loose and can create this error. Therefore, first you need to verify and if the problem still persists, then try with the following solutions that help you to avoid it easily.
Fix 1: Install the Latest version of Graphics Driver
An outdated version of the Display Driver causes the Graphics driver problem. Thus, it is responsible for the Dell laptop screen flickering issue. So, upgrading the Driver with the latest version.
- Type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Cortana search box and launch the Device Manager window.
- Here, you can see a list of hardware devices that are installed already in your system. Choose Display Driver section and expand it.
- You can see the Graphics Driver name which you are using on your system along with its version details from its properties window.
- Now, right-click on it and select Update Driver from the pop-up menu that you can see on the screen.
- Confirm the upgrade process by tapping on the YES button or pressing the Y key from the keyboard.
- Next, wait for a few times until the process is done and reboot the PC immediately the message, “the Graphics driver is updated successfully”.
- Finally, verify whether the Del laptop screen flickering issue still persists or not.
Fix 2: Change Power Plan and Restore Default Settings
By recovering the default version and modifying the power plan, you can also avoid the Desktop flashing problem easily. Therefore, do the following:
- Press the Windows key and type “powercfg.cpl” in the Cortana search box. Now, hit the Enter key to lauch the Power Settings window.
- After that, click on the High-Performance option from the left pane of the window.
- Now, tap on the High-Performance option and modify the Plan Settings.
- Then, tap on the Restore Default Settings and confirm the restore program by tapping the YES button.
- Reboot the system and see whether the Dell laptop flashing or not.
- Restart your computer and see if the Dell laptop screen flickering horizontal lines still occurs or not.
Fix 3: Modify the Screen Resolution
Sometimes, the screen resolution problem is also responsible for making the Dell laptop screen flickering Windows 10 issue very often.So, you may follow the steps below to modify the screen resolution as per your requirements.
- Turn on the Dell desktop and right-click on the empty area of the desktop screen.
- Next, click on the Display Settings from the pop-up menu that appears on the desktop window.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu from the Resolution window and choose Display Settings from the screen.
- Then, make sure that the recommended resolution is chosen for your Dell device and close the Settings window.
- Now, close all the running apps from the desktop window and restart the System in Normal Mode to verify whether the Dell flickering issue still appears or not.
How Do You Adjust Screen Resolution in Windows 7 or in Windows 8/8.1?
If you are a user of Windows 7 and Windows 8, then you need to perform the following steps to adjust the screen resolution perfectly.
- Right-click on the blank space of the desktop and open the pop-up menu on the screen.
- Then, choose Screen Resolution from that list and adjust the screen resolution one by one from the drop-down according to your requirements.
- Finally, close the Resolution Setting window and reboot the Dell laptop in Normal Mode to see whether it is working properly or not.
Fix 4: Delete the Incompatible Apps
You need to identify the problematic applications and remove them accordingly. So, you can resolve the Dell laptop screen flickering issue by performing the following steps.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “Control” in the Cortana search bar.
- Then, hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, click on Programs and Features icon from the resultant window and tap on “Uninstall a program” option under it.
- Then, choose the recently installed apps and other software that create the problem in desktop flickering like a major issue.
- Right-click on them and choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu and confirm the app removal process by hitting the Enter key.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the app uninstallation process and when done, try to reboot and verify whether the problem still persists or not.
Fix 5: Disable the Windows Desktop Manager
- Press the Windows key and R together from the keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type “services.msc” and press the Enter key to locate the Desktop Windows Manager.
- Now, right-click on it and choose Stop from the pop-up menu that you can see on the desktop.
- After that, double-click on the Desktop Windows Session Manager and open the window.
- Next, click on the General tab and choose Startup Type as Disabled. Then, click on the Apply button and confirm it by tapping on the OK button.
- Finally, reboot the system in Normal mode.
In this content, we have explained the efficient solutions to fix the Dell laptop screen flickering issue. Moreover, this will help to overcome all the Dell monitor related issues very effectively. If you are not a tech-savvy person, you won’t be able to apply all the above methods easily. Hence, connect with the Technical support team for a permanent fix.