Sometimes, Dell users often encounter that the audio speaker of their computer is not working properly. As a result, it becomes too difficult to play a video. Usually, this problem means that the sound device is not responding to the commands of the system. ‘Dell audio not working’ is a common situation faced by the users after updating the Operating System to the newest version.
If you also face the same problem, then nothing to get worried about this. Here in this guide, you will know some easy hacks which can help you to fix this problem. Hence, you are advised to have a glance at the article given below to get accustomed to the effective hacks that will help you to get rid of this error. So, let’s start.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix Dell Audio Not Working:
There are a lot of ways to fix the ‘Dell audio jack not working’ issue. Hence, if you are not aware of the solutions, you need to stick to the steps mentioned below:
Procedure 1: Check the Hardware Problem
If the Dell audio jack is not working, then first, you should check the hardware of the system. Here are the troubleshooting steps to check the hardware problem:
Check the Speaker:
First, you have to ensure that the volume of the system is not muted. Sometimes, it happens that the volume is muted and you will hear no sound. Therefore, verify the volume icon by going to the lower right corner of the screen. Then, drag the slider to the maximum and check if the ‘Dell audio not working’ issue has been resolved.
If you are a laptop user, then you might also need to check the speaker of the laptop. If anything is covered upon the speaker, then it might also be the cause behind the problem.
Check the Headphone Jack:
If you have plugged a headphone jack with the laptop, then it is essential to verify it. Look at the jack and check if there is any lint or dust or damage that may stop the headphone to work in a proper way. If it is, then you should clean the headphone jacks using a brush or a fresh cotton swab.
After that, you should try to play a video to check whether the problem is resolved or not. If you see that the issue is still unresolved, then you should move on to the further procedure.
Procedure 2: Check the Audio Settings
According to some users, they have fixed the ‘Dell laptop audio not working’ issue by modifying the audio settings of the system. To perform this, you should follow the steps stated below:
- First, move the cursor to the lower right pane of the taskbar and right-click on the volume button. Choose the ‘Playback device’ from the list of the options. If you do not find the ‘Playback device’ option, then click on the ‘Sounds’ option and navigate to the ‘Playback’ tab. Then, click on the ‘Playback device’ option.
- Now, check the ‘Show Disconnected Devices’ and ‘Show Disabled Devices’ boxes.
- Here, you will see the ‘Speaker Device’ option. Tap on the ‘Enable’ button.
- Choose the Speaker Device again and tap on the ‘Set Default to set your device as the default audio device’ option.
- Tap on the OK button.
- Restart the system to apply the changes.
Now, you should check whether the Dell audio is started to work properly. But, if you see that the issue persists, then you should perform further solutions.
Procedure 3: Change the Audio Format
You can also fix this issue by changing the audio format of the device. To change this, you should perform the steps mentioned below:
- First, go to the lower right side of the taskbar and right-click on the audio button. Select the ‘Playback device’ option from the list. If you are unable to locate this option, then tap on the ‘Sounds’ option. Now, look at the upper left pane of the screen and tap on the ‘Playback’ tab. Then, select the ‘Playback device’ option from the list.
- Now, choose the ‘Audio Device’ and tap on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Go to the Advanced tab and tap on the ‘Default Format’ category. Now, you have to choose the different audio format and tap on the ‘Test’ button. Check if you listen to any sounds.
- Tap on the OK button and exit from the current window.
- Restart the computer to save the changes.
After that, you need to play a video to check the sound. If you hear a sound, then it’s ok. But if it’s not, then you should go to the method provided below.
Procedure 4: Restart the Audio Service
Restart the audio service to check if it can fix the ‘Dell laptop audio not working’. To perform this, you have to follow the steps given below:
- At first, hit the R and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to invoke the Run Command box. Then, you have to type ‘services.msc’ in the Run box. Now, hit the Enter key to execute the command. Else, you can hit on the OK button.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Windows Audio’ category and right-click on it. Choose the ‘Restart’ option from the list.
- As a result, it will see you the entry of the system. Tap on the ‘Properties’ option. Set the type to ‘Automatic’ and tap on the Apply button to save the changes. Then, you should close the current window.
- Go back to the service window and search for the ‘Windows Audio Endpoint Builder’ option. Right-click on it and tap on the ‘Restart’ option. If it is not started yet, then tap on the ‘Start’ button.
- After restarting this, you should tap on the ‘Properties’ option again. Choose the startup type ‘Automatic.’ Tap on the Apply button to save the changes. Then, exit from the current window.
- Lastly, restart the system to save the changes.
Now, you should check if the problem continues or not. If the issue is not fixed, then follow the next method.
Procedure 5: Check the Audio Component
You can also face the ‘Dell laptop audio not working’ error due to the audio components of the device. Hence, you should check the audio components by performing the steps as follows:
- First, invoke the Run Dialog box.
- Then, type ‘services.msc’ in the Run box. Tap on the OK button.
- Now, you have to make sure that the following services are in the running state. If it is not, then right-click on them and tap on the ‘Start’ button.
1st: RPC Endpoint Mapper
2nd: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
3rd: DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Now, confirm that the above services are set to ‘Automatic.’
- After finishing this process, you should restart the system to save the changes.
Now, check whether the ‘Dell audio not working’ issue still persists or not.
That’s it. In the above guide, we have provided some of the possible tricks to solve the ‘Dell audio not working’. We hope if you perform the above-mentioned way in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error. After performing the above ways, if you still face any kinds of trouble, then you should seek help from a tech expert.